1.3.12

Adam Kotsko announces his next Agamben books translation



Adam Kotsko writes on his blog An und fur sich:


"I have been offered a contract to translate two works by Agamben in the coming year: Opus dei: Archeologia dell’ufficio and Altissima povertà: Regole monastiche e forma di vita. The two volumes represent sections 2.5 and 4.1 of the Homo Sacer series, respectively.Opus dei: An Archeology of Office is an investigation of the way that Christian liturgical concepts have informed modern ethical concepts, while The Highest Poverty: Monastic Rules and Form of Life presents Christian monasticism as an attempt to conceive of a form of life that would overcome the opposition between life and rule.
We have agreed that I will complete these translations by the end of the calendar year, so now I know how I’ll be spending my summer vacation."
Adam Kotsko is the author of Zizek and Theology and translator of Agamben's The Sacrament of Language: An Archaeology of the Oath